Using templates vs starting from scratch

Im getting started in Backendless and have no real code experience (I do know the basics of HTML & CSS) I am working on creating an app which has a project with multiple different people (eventually some users might have another project with a different team) and need the ability to create tasks, add pre-made task lists, have a USA zip code based resource guide and have a chat functionality.

The Chatly and CRM UI templates have some of these elements, would adding and removing be easier or would it be best for me to use them or start from scratch?

Hello @J_Lavallee

First of all, welcome to our community! Glad to see you here.

As for your question.

If you now have no experience with markup and coding, I would like to recommend you create any of the templates and step by step discover ways to implement anything that is represented in templates.
And sure, would be better if you fix your new bits of knowledge by repeating them in an empty project.

If there is an availability to use the experience of other developers - I don’t know any reason to avoid it. Also, you could get familiar with a playlist of greater videos about codeless what been hosted not so far ago - Introduction to Codeless Fundamentals - YouTube

So, the short answer to your question - use both approaches simultaneously.

Regards, Dima.