Warnings and errors building using xCode Version 12.5.1, BackendlessSwift 6.3.3, Backendless 6.4.5

After creating an empty Storyboard or SwiftUI project and installing the Backendless pods, 16 warnings are generated when building.

Backendless Version (3.x / 5.x, Online / Managed / Pro )

Backendless 6.4.5

Client SDK (REST / Android / Objective-C / Swift / JS )

BackendlessSwift 6.3.3

Application ID

1514C34B-2DAE-C0E8-FFEC-FDFEABCF2200

Expected Behavior

Please describe the expected behavior of the issue, starting from the first action.

1. Build with no errors

Actual Behavior

Build with no code other than the initial pod installation produces:

1. 12 Starscream warnings
  2. 1 Socket.IO-Cleint-Swift warning
  3. 3 BackendlessSwift warnings

Reproducible Test Case

https://foamx@bitbucket.org/foamx/backendlesssb.git

Hello @Lawrence_Smith,

We use Socket.IO for our real time features and Socket.IO uses Starscream in it’s turn. Most warnings come from those frameworks not from the Backendless Swift-SDK. Some warnings can be fixed by changing the target version - Swift-SDK supports iOS 9 and higher (and Xcode creates project for iOS 8 by default). Xcode also provides an ability to fix some version warnings automatically:

Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 16.25.38

Also, warnings are not errors, project builds and Swift-SDK works as it should.

Regards,
Olha

Thanks, I’ve been fixing the warnings as I go. That said, warnings are a no go for me. I don’t accept them in work done by my development team. Even my son’s high school JAVA class will give you a zero if your build isn’t clean!

I understand those are just dependancies so I can either chase down the Socket.IO and Starscream teams for updates or move on.

It appears that the socket.io and starscream warnings are fixed in the current versions:

The following pod updates are available:

• Socket.IO-Client-Swift 15.2.0 → 15.2.0 (latest version 16.0.1)

• Starscream 3.1.1 → 3.1.1 (latest version 4.0.4)

I removed the backendless pod, added the Socket.io and starscream pods individually using the current versions and built with no warnings. Have you tested the SDK with the newest versions?

Updating Swift-SDK to the newest Socket version is on our roadmap. The internal ticket BKNDLSS-24099 is created for this issue but there’re no estimates for this upgrade.

Regards,
Olha

Hello @Lawrence_Smith,

Swift-SDK has been updated to support Socket.IO v16.0.1.
Please use the latest version (6.4.1).

Regards,
Olha

Great news! Thanks for the update. Unfortunately my trial has expired. i stopped working on it once i discovered the Socket.IO issue. Would it be possible to get another 30 days so i can resume?

Best,

Lawrence

Hello @Lawrence_Smith

We are not able to extend the trial period, however, you have a few options on how to move further:

1. create a new app that will be on a trial period
  2. archive a Springboard plan using our Missions
  3. buy a Springboard plan in our Marketplace
  4. switch the app to a paid plan on the app billing screen

Regards, Vlad