Web and mobile in a single project

Hi,

I need to build a project with an admin panel available as a web page and a mobile app for end users (if possible on both platforms).

Is it possible to do a combo like this with a regular setup or will I need any specific workarounds?
Thank you in advance for any help :slight_smile:

Hello @Arkadiusz_Kumpin!

Welcome to the community and thanks for trying out Backendless! :tada:

Yes, you can start making your app with Codeless and Viewer.
If you have any difficulties, you can always contact us and we will be happy to help you :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards,
Alexander

Thank you,

I have checked the Viewer and it is an interesting approach, but in my case, I will need to use Flutter Shell. Can you tell me if is there a way to use a different flow on the web and mobile?

In the web app I am building:

• landing page (home)
  • user and service management CRUDs pages

For mobile, I need to have some kind of onboarding process and a process for ordering the services.

I can see three potential ways of doing it:

• creating the mobile app as a completely separate instance that connects to the web app backend
  • building all the screens as a single project but using some logic on the home page
  • building all the screens as a single project but using some logic within the Flutter Shell to create the app in a way it will use only pages prepared for mobile

If you could point me out to any documentation or let me know which part I should explore, that would be great.

Regards
Arek

Hello @Arkadiusz_Kumpin

All three options are possible and you should choose the one that works best for you.
Here are some useful links for you.
Documentation: Backendless UI Builder Developer Guide
UI-builder tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWRqDbbT5r9CoT7FpUKVb3fmg4ZkUj4vd
Useful articles: Knowledge Base - Backendless Support
Blog with easy keyword search: Blog | Backendless Visual App Development Platform

Regards,
Inna

Hello, @Arkadiusz_Kumpin.
For this you can use our project which is called native shell. You just need to put the files that you will receive when publishing the application in a special folder in the shell. As a result, you will get a hybrid application for mobile devices, which you can easily publish in Appstore & Google Play.

If you need to use different code for mobile and web, you can use this codeless block for that

Best Regards, Nikita.