Webflow Integration with Backendless

Is there absolutely ANY way I can use my Webflow site with Backendless? Possible somehow by leveraging the Webflow API and integrating it with the Backendless API?

Or by exporting the Webflow site and integrating it with Backendless that way - even though it’s obviously not the preferred approach.

I have no coding experience but would appreciate absolutely ANY AND ALL approaches. The UI Builder is not really good enough to even be compared with Webflow as of YET - however I am confident it will be considering the improvements that are constantly being made with Backendless.

Absolutely any recommendations or some instructions would be so appreciated really - thanks so much.

I am not familiar with Webflow so I cannot instantly answer affirmatively. If you would like to use Backendless as the backend, it would be appropriate to ask the Webflow folks to see how their product can be integrated with an external backend system which is available via APIs (and Backendless IS available via APIs).

However, I’d like to ask you another question. Could you please give me a few examples of the things you can do in Webflow which you cannot do in UI Builder? I’d like to understand better what they areas for improvement are.

Regards,
Mark

1 Like

Well an example would be like this webflow site here which I have made. When taking into account the little frontend bells and whistles there really are hundreds of very small micro-animations, custom transition states on load, custom fonts, and some very rudimentary physics with the scrolling and mouse movement / mouse actions that I have included in the file. Really the list is much longer than that but Webflow is the most sophisticated front-end no-code tool for developing websites and it’s not even close.

It’s worth noting, the reason why I bring up Webflow is because I myself do not know how to code but built this without the use of any code whatsoever.

That being said, Webflow lets you export your website as a zip file consisting of html, css and js code which I am curious to know if I can somehow link to backendless and start setting up as my frontend?

Thanks so much Mark!

Thank you for sharing this information, Sean. I agree, it does look very impressive. It is important to keep in mind that our vision for UI Builder and Backendless in general is that it is a system to build complex, highly scalable applications, which is quite different than building marketing sites. Of course, there is plenty of room for improvement and some applications can benefit from the design-level features you pointed out.

Cheers,
Mark

1 Like

I completely understand, but it is possible somehow… I’m just trying to get in touch with the individual who managed to pull it off lol so I figured you’d have some know-how as to how to go about it.

Here is the forum post I am referencing.

Please let me know if you hear back from Rod. I looked into Webflow to understand if they allow any customizations for retrieving data from any external data sources and it looks like a rather closed system. Perhaps it would be possible with code customization in a paid plan, but I haven’t gone that far. Their backend support looks very limited compare to Backendless.

Yes, their backend support is not comparable to Backendless and never will be frankly. However, that being said there have been some serious advancements Webflow has made from 1-2 years ago. Although it is not through native Webflow, you can now have users logging in and using your website with 3rd party applications that are available like Memberstack, Memberflow, and so on.

Yes you can generate an API token for any Webflow site, here is their API documentation specifically for their Webhook.

You can access the API token and add a Webhook in Project Settings under the Integrations tab

I saw that section in their UI and read the docs. From what I understood it is for the API to communicate with Webflow, while what I wanted to find is a way for Webflow-built-UIs to communicate with external data sources (such as us).

1 Like

It’s doable I think! People have connected their google sheets and airtables to their Webflow if they want to update their CMS in real-time or create user-specific pages, also they’ve integrated their Shopify to their Webflow, and much more examples I have to just do more research and I’ll find external databases that people have connected to their Webflow (more than just a CMS use-case) all using Integromat or Zapier…

Anything come from this?

There is an integration guide available at:

Regards,
Mark

Thanks Mark! I’ll give it a shot. Still very much learning about dev work so I’m slower than most but I always get there haha enjoy your day!

Hey Mark, I’ve got another question if you don’t mind. Do you know if anyone has built an app using Backendless with crypto wallet functionality? We also have to build that out, different from our Web platform.