Weird Block behaviour (blocking access to inner components ...)

I already posted an issue with block component preventing inner components to behave properly :

Now I have more or less the same problem with an other situation :
I have a form with select component which are filles at page load :

My form is anywhere in the page (including within the workspace, and everything goes fine).
Capture2

However, if I place my form in a block component (named here ‘Overlay Form’), it does not work anymore and the code not access the select component of the form anymore (while the above logic does know the component, even if I redo it entirely in this scenario) :
Capture2
I get an error at page load :
Capture2

Hello @MF_de_Preval

Do you have any visibility logic?

It looks like you hide some parent component and trying to set something into some child of the hidden component. If so - it’s expected behavior.

Well, that is actually what I’m trying to do.

Now, the problem is : even when I make the parent (and child visible), trying to set something in the child results in failure (see other post). However, it works in the parent …
Capture d’écran 2024-08-20 à 18.37.28

This is a big issue, because I cannot understand how to populate select component in a modal form at page load (the form is modal, and becomes visible when clicking on a button).

Hello @MF_de_Preval,

have you tried another approach: instead of using the Set Options to Select block, store data in the Page Data and then use them in the Options Logic handler of the Select. How does it sound?

hmm, of course …
I had not realised Option Logic was there …
This does work for populating the options, but there is some dirty CSS to write because FORM component does not have the ‘General’ settings (Z index, position, …), and cannot either be placed into a block (which has the ‘General’ settings) because it breaks data binding.

I still have a big issue with one of the select options :

Hello @MF_de_Preval

Yes, of course, the issue of the Add / update table record AND relation from Form data topic will be resolved and reported to you in the Add / update table record AND relation from Form data topic itself.

Regards,
Volodymyr