API request has been rejected, scaling

Hi dear team,

I am using an application with a small number of users. Everything worked fine for a long time until today. Does the new rules apply to applications? Why does it force scaling? I’ve read similar topics and didn’t understand why this restricts the app? How to enable the api requests?

{“code”:9070,“message”:“The API request has been rejected because it requires scaling for processing. Switch to the Cloud9 or Cloud99 plan to enable the Super Scaling option.”,“errorData”:{}}

Hello @oleg-tarashkevich,

Does the new rules apply to applications?

This is not the new rules, the Springboard Plan’s limitations have been defined since the first day of its existence and have not changed since then.

Why does it force scaling?

Here is an answer by @mark-piller:

In your case, SuperScaling detects multiple locations you access your app from (more than 10 IP addresses just today).
Do you access Backendless from different computers, mobile phones? Multiple locations?

Regards,
Stanislaw

Hi @stanislaw.grin , thanks for the reply!
The main reason of my question is that the app worked good several years with multiple locations with many users in the mobile app and only now it stops to work.
For my part, I cannot predict the stable behavior of backendless service and do not know what rules or restrictions may appear. This limitation is not indicated in the free plan, see screenshot on the first message. If not - correct me please.
Can I disable the scaling (I don’t know what does it mean) and just use only one backendless machine for all users?

The main reason of my question is that the app worked good several years with multiple locations with many users in the mobile app and only now it stops to work.

That means that before you did not allocate a lot of resources and did not hit the SuperScaling limitations.

This limitation is not indicated in the free plan, see screenshot on the first message. If not - correct me please.

It’s indicated on the Cloud Pricing page on the official site:

Also, there is a dedicated article describing SuperScaling and the reason why it’s only available on paid plans:

Can I disable the scaling (I don’t know what does it mean) and just use only one backendless machine for all users?

Yes, the SuperScaling option is available on any paid plan. The Springboard plan is designed to be a development plan. It is only meant to be used by pre-launch applications. If I understand correctly, your application has been in production for several years, other users are using it.

More info you can find in the article above.

Regards,
Stanislaw

@stanislaw.grin Thanks for the information.
I started to use backendless many years ago from v.3 and didn’t know about superScaling. It worked like a charm.
I have mobile app that using backendless for one optional feature. This is mean that not all of the users need it. From my side $25-35 per month is expensive, because the app doesn’t need to much resources.
Do you have a similar plan like on firebase “Pay as you go”?
Or can I disable SuperScaling on Backendless and use with lower performance?
Also I have experience with Parse backend on aws. And I could choose one server location and only scale with others when I needed it.

SuperScaling was introduced when we announced the Springboard plan. It was about 2 years ago.

Both Cloud9 and Cloud99 work as “pay as you go” where for any feature beyond what’s included in the plans you can pay extra. Both plans have a

SuperScaling is NOT included in the Springboard plan (the plan your apps are on). As a result, when you have multiple users (as you do in the NoteToDo_v4 app for example), the SuperScaling is required to process API requests in that app. What you need is a plan with SuperScaling and that would be Cloud9 or Cloud99.

Regards,
Mark

@mark-piller got it. I did’t check the plan changes or updates. I mean, on firebase, the user can only pay for what he used. But it does not have such convenient sql queries.
I found that on 9/28/2022 20:00 ±4 hours several apps forced reduces the requests. This means that the service stoped support the same number of apps requests as before 9/28/2022.
I understand that all has a price, it’s ok. I like your backend service. But will be nice to notify before that the app may shut down or limited due to some of new politics or rules.

We have sent multiple emails notifying that the Free and Developer plans will be discontinued. First such notification was sent in June and another one in August.