Perfect funktion but no reward

Mission: RELATIONS MASTER
Task: Set Object Relationships with API

Please, describe your problem here.

I have done as the video is telling me and everthing works perfectly. But no reward. How come?

BR, Ove

Something must me missing in your “perfect function” :wink:

Did you do it with code or with Codeless?

Hi,

I did it with Codeless. It seems that the relation binding is not working. Maybe the button isn´t correct. But in my eyes it is as it should be.

![image|690x316](upload://z70jVr6J0PJJwekC2YezUneLq3r.png

Hello,

Unfortunately, I cannot see your codeless logic in your previous post, it showsn only the data browser screen.

Regards,
Mark

Well, I can populate a new person by name and age but the relationship binding doesn’t work. How do I show you the codeless logic?

Hello @Ove_Eriksson

You can take a screenshot and attach it as you did earlier for the data browser screen:

Hello @Ove_Eriksson

Could you add logging for the values: createdPerson and selectedCity, using the print block, to make sure they are present and correct.

Regards,
Vladimir

Not sure what you mean by Print Block.

Something like this:

Then, go to the preview, and before clicking on the open button, inspect the element:

Also, please pay attention to the description of the task:

const retrieveChild = async () => {
  const whereClause = 'Name = \'Dallas\''
  const queryBuilder = Backendless.DataQueryBuilder.create().setWhereClause(whereClause)

the city must be Dallas.

Regards,
Vladimir

This is before I push the button
/favicon.ico:1

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request)

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-extension://blgajmkampbgaoahecoaamfedgnajleb/generated/main-bundle.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

I give up. You better log in to my app and check by yourself.

Please provide your applicationId, as well as the name of the container and page.

Regards,
Vladimir

App Id: 91FA5AE8-176D-11C0-FF77-476BEA71C900

Page: createRelation

Container: 1234 if I guess right

Thank you for your patience and help.

/ Ove

This is the logic for when person is created. See the property you’re binding the value to:

This is the logic for creating relation, notice the property name you use there:

Do you see the problem?

Mark

Morning,

I have corrected the property to createdPerson instead of createPerson. The binding is still not working.

Hi, @Ove_Eriksson

Checked one more time, seems like it works now. I was able to set relations via created logic on the createRelation page in UI-Builder. Or did you mean something else when you wrote that it is still not working?

Regards, Marina

I just got worded so everything is ok. Thank you.

1 Like