Product tour tasks not marked as completed

Backendless Version (3.x / 6.x, Online / Managed / Pro )

Online v6.6.5

Application ID

HighEndHealth

Expected Behavior

Please describe the expected behavior of the issue, starting from the first action.

1. I am working through the User Manager section of the Starter Pack for Codeless. I have completed the first two tasks following the instructions closely and they have not been marked as completed.

Hi Mark,

Do you mind recording a screen cast with loom (loom.com) showing how you go about executing the tasks and sharing it with us? This will help us resolve the problem.

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the very quick response!!

Here is a link to the Loom video I created. Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for recording the video for us. I see what’s going. We updates the Email templates screen in a release that went out a few days ago and I believe because of that the tasks are not recognized. We will look into it as soon as possible. I will also ask the team to mark these tasks as complete for you.

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Let me start by saying that this is extraordinary customer support! Thank you!!

I did notice that there was some discrepancy between the video instruction and the Backend; but, that just made me think through what needed to be done which was beneficial.

I will continue on my journey….

Thanks again,

Mark

Hi @Mark_Cockfield,

we have marked these tasks as completed for you. Could you please check it and let us know if you can proceed further now?

Regards,
Stanislaw

Hi Stanislaw,

Yep, it looks like I am all set. Thanks again to everyone for such a quick resolution to this rather trivial issue.

Mark

Okay, same issue with “Retrieve Data with Aggregate Function.” I am appending to this ticket as it is related. Let me know if I should open a new ticket. I have attached a screenshot of my Rest Console query, I think I have it right.

I believe in this case the system checks not only the expected response, but the format of the query. Try reformatting the Request URL to use the props argument as shown in the video.

Regards,
Mark

Sorry, I assumed since the Rest Console has been modified to include the aggregate and grouping functionality I could just use that without having to edit the URL. Here is the URL generated by the console:

https://overtapproval.backendless.app/api/data/Country?property=Continent&property=Count(`Continent`)%20as%20CountryCount&property=Min(`LifeExpectancy`)%20as%20MinLifeExpectancy&groupBy=`Continent`

I received the query response I was expecting so I assumed all was good.

Do I still need to edit the generated URL or is the Rest Console fully functional?

Regards,

Mark

I am not sure what the current algorithm validating this task expects. I suppose it checks the arguments as they are shown/used in the video. That is instead of individual “property” arguments, use one “props” where the values are separated by commas.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Okay, I modified as suggested and received a valid response. Algorithm still doesn’t like it. Do I need to keep tweeking a working query to satisfy the algorithm or does the algorithm need to be modified to work with the current version of the Rest Console?

Mark

@stanislaw.grin any ideas?

Okay, I was able to tweak the query to satisfy the algorithm and complete the mission. It seems to me that the algorithm was looking for a very specific syntax of a query that was more flexible in formatting. Not to mention the disconnect between the current version of the Rest Console and the Mission Instructions. Maybe the algorithm could evaluate the results of the query instead of the syntax?

Anyway, thanks for all of the support and a great tool!

Hi @Mark_Cockfield,

glad that you were able to continue the missions further!

The algorithm looks at the query. I will be grateful if you remember and show requests with which the task did not count and with which it was counted in the end.
As for the version of the Rest Console, yes - we redesigned it a long time ago, but functionally it has not changed much, we tried to present a more improved UX for users.

Regards,
Stanislaw

Hi Stanislaw,

Here is the original query generated by the Rest Console using the aggregate and groupby sections:

https://overtapproval.backendless.app/api/data/Country?property=Continent&property=Count(`Continent`)%20as%20CountryCount&property=Min(`LifeExpectancy`)%20as%20MinLifeExpectancy&groupBy=`Continent`

Mark