Scheduled backups

Hi, I have a app on cloud 9.

What times are the backups scheduled?
I need to clean up the database, and in case I nuke it id like start it just after a backup.

Thanks

Hi @robert-j,

you may export all you DB tables and data manually in Manage -> Export section, and import it afterwards if you’ll needed.

Regards,
Stanislaw

The export doesn’t include files. Are files backed up also?

Robert

No. You mentioned only database.
In order to backup files you can zip you root folder, download it and in case you need to restore files, upload zip and unzip it afterward.

Stanislaw

its 18 gigs…

Do files get backed up on the cloud 9 plan or just the data tables?

Could you please provide us your app ID?

APP ID
2FA6F2D8-97BE-F615-FFCC-C2CEDC595F00
Thanks

Hi Robert,

Yes, both databases and files are backed up. The backup takes place at midnight GMT0. If you need to restore it, there is an administrative fee of $200 which covers engineer’s time spent for restoring the data.

Regards,
Mark

Thanks Mark

Rather than starting a new thread, to keep it all in the same place.

Are cloud 99 plans backed up once per day like Cloud 9? or more often.
How long are they backups stored? Any difference in time between the plans?
If i upload and overwrite a file, and that file turns out to be corrupted how much time can pass before I cant revert to the previous file.

Im trying to deicide between uploading a new named file and have the disk space grow, vs overwriting and have a good chance for recovery.

Thanks

Hello @robert-j,

Backups are made once a day, but for the last 72 hours there are hourly backups, so if you need to restore data for the last 72 hours, you can do it exactly up to an hour. If more time has passed, then only daily backups.

All conditions for creating and storing backups are the same between plans, however, restoring data from a backup is a paid procedure.

As for files, you can overwrite files and not be afraid that they will be overwritten in this way in the backup. If you need to restore a file from a backup, which is corrupted in the current version or something else, the file will be restored in the form in which it was for the period of time specified in the backup.

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Regards,
Stanislaw