Suggest Cloud IDE?

Hi,

I am using a chromebook and cannot download any IDE tools. WOuld you suggest a cloud based IDE so that I can complete the serverless tasks?

Thanks!

Ken

Hi Ken,

All of the tasks (with the exception of push notification related ones) in the current Missions can be accomplished within Backendless Console. The serverless tasks can be executed either through service invocations in the API Services section or alternatively, you can switch to the “FRONTEND” section and create a UI Builder page with the logic to invoke services. Please let me know if you need help with that and I will give you some pointers.

Regards,
Mark

Hi, Mark,

thank you very much! I’ll take that route and get it done.

Regards,

Ken

Yup, I can confirm I passed that module with Codeless + UI Builder. It was fairly simple (especially when compared to the push notification nightmare):

I just added 1 button for each call (won’t spoiler them out for you, they’re fun to understand and won’t take long) and checked the process in the browser console :slight_smile:

It’s basically just 1 block for each button. I believe doing it in codeless + UI builder is actually the easiest way to complete the mission

1 Like

Thanks, Giorgio!

1 Like

Hi, Mark,

sorry to revisit this, but I am doing the exercise in the API Service. I not getting an “Order” entry in the app tables when I invoke the “purchase” script.

Am I correct that the only entry I make is to add the cart name ‘mycart’ before invoking?

Thanks,

Ken

Hi Ken,

Yes, you need to invoke the methods in a specific sequence. Are you working on the Serverless 101 mission tasks? Please see the instruction for the task for invoking the service.

Kind regards,
Mark

1 Like

Hi,

yes, I have done that. I am following the task card and the video. But, no order item appears in the app table.

Ken

A step must be missing. If you could share the details on what you have done, we’ll be happy to assist.

OK, recording a screen video work for you?

Thanks,

Ken

Sure, if it provides all the details

OK, I’ll do that.

Thanks for your help!

Ken

Mark,

here’s the link to the screen recording.

Thanks,

Ken

Hi Ken,

Thank you for recording this. It is quite clear what the problem is. While you get the 200/OK responses, the actual methods of the API service did nothing useful. A couple of things are missing:

1. all calls must specify the shopping cart name. This is the name that identifies the shopping cart that will be accumulating purchased items and then with the purchase call will be used to flush the purchased items to the database
  2. the addItem call must also specify the actual item that is being purchased. Here’s an example of the parameters to pass into that call:
{
    "cartName": "myCart",
    "item": {
      "price": 10,
      "name": "Notebook"
   }
}

I also recommend looking through the Codeless logic of the methods so you can become more familiar with what they do (from the general learning of Backendless Cloud Code).

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Mark

So, that code is inserted into the body of that call?

And, what do I do here in the Header with these entries?

Nothing on the headers screen. You use that JSON I provided on the Parameters screen

[quote=“mark-piller, post:14, topic:12224”]

OK, thanks!

Ken