Timers turn themselves back on

I’ve reported this issue before and it still isn’t fixed. I’m having problems with one of my timers, so I turned it off. It was off for about 12 hours, and now, without me doing anything, it started running again -

Please fix this. I should be able to turn off a timer and have it stay off.

Hello @Tim_Jones

If you talking about

This has already been fixed and is in the testing phase.

Regards

Nope. I’m talking about exactly what I wrote in my first comment.

Hello @Tim_Jones!

Could you please provide additional information so that we can reproduce this issue?

Regards,
Alexander

Turn off a timer with the toggle. After a random amount of time, which makes it hard to reproduce, but it has happened more than once (Timers - Errors and "magically" turned back on), the timer is back on.

Tim

This timer runs every 30 seconds. I turned it off 6/7 after it ran at 22:14:15 (see highlighted line 1). I did NOT turn the timer back on, but it started running again at 6/8 at 11:05:15. It ran 15 times before I caught that it was running again and shut it off after the run at 6/8 11:12:15. Again without me turning it back on it started running at 6/8 13:44:15 (highlighted line 2)

I should just be able to turn off a timer and not have it start running again.

Could you please provide your appId?

Regards,
Alexander

No problem.

EEE25B20-17FA-97DD-FF29-EC45A5072A00

Thank you for the information.
I will try to reproduce this issue on my end, and as soon as I have any new information, I will update you in this thread.
Additionally, I kindly request you to disable this timer once again so that we can observe it together.

Regards,
Alexander

I just turned the timer off. I bet it will be back on in a few hours or less.

Tim

Hello @Tim_Jones

if you disable the timer and then deploy your code, the timer will be enabled again and you should go to the timers page and disable it. Is it your case?

Hi @sergey.kuk,

I didn’t deploy any code.

Tim

Have you deployed codeless?

I deployed some cloud code, and the timer was back on.

I would guess the timer code is getting deployed inadvertently and that is turning the timer back on?

Tim

yes, timers will be deployed if they are in the same model

I have to say that doesn’t make a lot of sense from a user perspective.

Tim

Hi @Tim_Jones,

we totally agree with you and we will fix this behavior in future releases.
We’ll notify you once it’s released.

Regards,
Stanislaw

Thanks @stanislaw.grin!

Hi @Tim_Jones,

We’ve just updated cloud servers with an improvement to the issue you described above. The already disabled timers are not enabled after deploying other timers of the same model. Could you please let us know if this fix works for you?

Regards,
Marina

1 Like

Hi @Marina.Kan,

I tested this and it worked as I expected. Thanks for fixing this.

Best,
Tim