Upload button resize image before upload on client side

How can I resize images and compress them before uploading the file on client side ?

I want to make an image size maximum limit check after resize how to do that?

also does backendless allow large images bandwidth if there is non and is it slow or fast ?

Hi, @Ali_AlShamsi

Please, take a look at this support topic. Hope it will help you:

also does backendless allow large images bandwidth if there is non and is it slow or fast ?

It is allowed to upload files up to 10GB. The file upload speed depends on the internet connection.

Regards, Marina

what about compressing the image size

You could write your own custom code to resize image using external APIs, and after that save them to backendless.

Unfortunately, we haven’t examples of this code, so we can’t help with compressing. But i’m sure it’s possible.

thank you

@Ali_AlShamsi

Did you ever solve this problem? I was wondering if it is possible to resize an image with custom JS using the on Before Upload logic section.

Tim

1 Like

I also am interested in compressing files before uploading. Is imgx a possibility?

Hello @Chad_Wyatt

If I understand correctly - imgx is an API to compress an images.

And as I said before:

Unfortunately, we haven’t examples of this code, so we can’t help with compressing. But i’m sure it’s possible.

I’ve created an discussion - to implement a custom code example or our service, and we will notify you if it will be implemented.

Regards, Dima.

That’s great. Thankyou.