Urgent: bad request (in production, prevents users from purchasing our product)

hi all,
I am getting the following error:

api.backendless.com/v1/data/PurchaseOrder:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request)

Which makes it impossible for users to buy a plan via our portal (which uses Stripe, this worked fine for years, so not sure what happened now)

Can anybody help quickly?

app ID: 9088AF67-1648-1726-FF09-A51862BF1A00 (backendless 3)

Thank you

Alessandra

Hi Alessandra,

Could you please let us know the complete request (ideally in the cURL format) so we can reproduce the issue?

Regards,
Mark

thank you Mark for the quick response. It has to do with the business logic, does this help to narrow it down? If I disable the business logic it goes through, but this is not really an option as the business logic is required to make the call to stripe. Just FYI the issue is not in the stripe bit as I get the same error also for other entities. I recall in the past something like this happened and was resolved, but not sure what your team did (I did not change anything in our business logic in a long time)

We need to narrow it down where exactly in Backendless the problem occurs. How did you identify the problem is not in stripe? Is it possible something might have changed on their side?

no Mark, I have “before Create” functions on Backendless, I disabled the one for the Purchase Order which is the only one that uses Stripe and then I get the same error (bad request) when trying to create another entity (which has nothing to do with stripe). Basically my business logic functions are all returning bad requests it seems

got it! That’s good, we’re getting closer. Could you try creating a new object in that table using Backendless REST Console or Postman? I just want to get to a curl request which we can try running on our side to see the error.

going to backendless 3 console, then I click on REST console for the class that also has this problem (SubscriptionNoCoreData). I first login, then press GET and here is the message:

“{
“code”: 0,
“message”: “Model Descriptor not found (/var/lib/backendless/repo/9088af67-1648-1726-ff09-a51862bf1a00/files/servercode/JS/v1/model.json)”
}”

does this help?

Thanks, Allesandra. This is exactly what we need. We’re looking into it.

Regards,
Mark

1 Like

I’m sure you know already but right now it is all down (so also the app is impacted, users cannot create accounts, etc.)

We were making changes to get the business logic to work. Could you please check and let me know if you’re experiencing any problems? I tried the GET request in SubscritionNoCoreData and it times out, I assume because there is no logged in user. Please let me know.

Regards,
Mark

1 Like

thank you Mark, I was able also to go through with the payment operation. Can you let me know more about what happened (in case it happens again, then I can provide better feedback).

I appreciate your time and prompt resolution

I am glad it works now. The root cause was the migration to a faster file system we did earlier today. Everything went smoothly except for the coderunners access to the new file system and that’s where the hickup was when model.json could not be found (while the file was visible in console).

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, but we’re in better shape now.

Regards,
Mark

1 Like

@mark-piller and team, this is happening again now

not sure if something changed after addressing this issue: Password reset not working (backendless 3, happening every few months) (cc @sergey.kuk )

but we are getting a lot of users that are unable to purchase the product (I just tried myself now and got the same error, bad request for the purchaseorder object, which has an oncreate, so most likely again a business logic issue)

Thank you for your help

Please somebody acknowledge seeing this

Hi Alessandra,

Do you happen to have a sample request that is failing? Preferably with the error it returns?

Mark

1 Like

thanks Mark, in the developer console, under Network in Chrome, where I see the error, I have the following: ““code”:0,“message”:“Model Descriptor not found (/opt/backendless/repo/9088af67-1648-1726-ff09-a51862bf1a00/files/servercode/JS/v1/model.json)”}”

Could you please go through requests in the Network tab and find one that is failing?

that’s what I just did, showing that message (it seems the same issue as the last time if you scroll up in this thread)

Could you please right click the request and select “export as curl” ?

Thanks. We are looking into it

1 Like

any updates? thank you