User unable to login to Backendless from client-side application (appgyver)

Hey guys,

Rookie user here trying out no-code development. For context, I’m not a developer but a marketer by trade.

I’m setting up user login with Backendless and Appgyver as my front-end (client-sdie app). I’ve been able to follow the backendless guide and systemric dynamite guide to setup user registration flow successfully but I can’t get the user login to work properly. I’m getting a 3006 error code that the ‘login or password is missing or null’ and I can’t figure out why. I’ve gone through my setup 4/5 times now and still getting this error.

Above are the screenshots of my setup in Appgyver, and below is the test data.

Does anyone know what i’m doing wrong here. I’m sure I’m doing something simple and stupid. Registration is turned on in Backendless and i disabled the ‘require email confirmtion’ too in case it was because the user test@test.com wasn’t verified and that was causing the issue.

Oh and I was testing out useparagon.com before so I ran this API call in there too and getting the same error message.

Thanks,
Eoin

Hello @Eoin_Doyle

You provided your screenshot with a schema of test data, It working well for the register, but for login, the schema looks in another way (login/password - not email/password).

You can read more about it here

Regards, Dima

1 Like

Hi Dima,

Apologies, I thought I was supposed to redact this for security. Here you go:
C209BEBE-88E7-1122-FF98-41304F96CA00

Thank you, please check my answer above, I am edited it, and if it doesn’t help you let me know

Thanks Dima. I knew I was doing something stupid.

Many thanks for the very quick response.

1 Like

Hi Eoin. I’m having the same problem as you describe- do you have any tricks that you’ve learned? Many thanks.

Hi @Rick_Bo !

Could you please provide screenshot of bindings between inputs and properties and also error message?

Regards, Andriy

Apologies for being a pre-novice

Hi Rick,

Is your backendless application hosted in the US or EU?

Regards,
Mark

1 Like

US, thanks

Does the same login work in Backendless Console?

it does not.
here is my screenshot

Is there a registered user with these credentials in the Users table in Backendless?

How / where would I add such a user? I assume it is not my user id / password for either backendless or appgyver

With the login API call you’re asking Backendless to authenticate a user. If the user is not in your Backendless app, you will get the error you’re getting saying that the login is invalid.

Here’s a video describing how to create user accounts for your app:

very helpful, thanks.
status is OK on the run test now.
guessing I will be a frequent visitor to support, computer literacy is “less than zero”

Hi again.
I have now tried to set up a register user page on my appgyver app and am getting an error message (screenshots below)
I am assuming the value entered for email and password on appgyver do not matter (after all i want to sign up a new user for the first time).
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Hi again.
I have now tried to set up a register user page on my appgyver app and am getting an error message (screenshots below)
I am assuming the value entered for email and password on appgyver do not matter (after all i want to sign up a new user for the first time).
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
1_appgyver email
1_appgyver email
1915×899 175 KB

2_appgyver password
2_appgyver password
1913×899 177 KB

3_appgyver page variables
3_appgyver page variables
1909×897 133 KB

4_appgyver data configurator base
4_appgyver data configurator base
1913×893 89.4 KB
5_appgyver data configurator post config
5_appgyver data configurator post config
1917×907 88.1 KB
6_appgyver data configurator post schema
6_appgyver data configurator post schema
1915×887 81.9 KB
7_appgyver data configurator post schema test entry
7_appgyver data configurator post schema test entry
1913×897 80.6 KB
8_appgyver data configurator post schema test error message
8_appgyver data configurator post schema test error message
1915×893 94.6 KB

The error you are getting from Backendless indicates that you modified permissions in your Backedless app and not authenticated users cannot save data to the database (that permission is required in order to execute user registration).

Regards,
Mark

thanks, that did the trick