Recommended approach for storing information in memory

Hello,

I would like to know your recommended approach for storing information in memory (e.g., cache, heaps) to improve performance in Backendless. What strategies should I consider for efficient data storage and retrieval?

Thank you!

Regards,
Manuel

Hello @Manuel_Germano!

It seems that your question is quite broad. Could you please provide more specific details or examples of what you’re trying to achieve? This will help in giving you more tailored advice and recommendations.

Thank you!

Regards,
Alexander

Hello @Alexander_Pavelko ,

I am looking for guidance on storing information in memory within Backendless, specifically focusing on two scenarios:

1. Static Tables: What is the best approach for handling tables that contain static information that do not change frequently (e.g.: lists of state options; list of entities names)?
  2. Data Volume Considerations: What methods or best practices should I consider for efficient access and performance optimization based on the volume of data (low and high-volume datasets)?

Thank you for your assistance!

Regards,
Manuel

Hello @Manuel_Germano

We will be happy to assist you.
However, unfortunately, I still don’t quite understand how it should be used. Are you planning to develop in UI Builder, using Services API, REST or Backendless SDK?

Although you may find the following information useful:
Documentation:
Caching API - Putting data into cache
Files API - Cache and CDN Integration
Blog:
Caching
How to Check If an Object Exists in Server-Side Cache
How to Place and Retrieve Objects From the Server-Side Cache
Forum:
Local Storage
Cache data in mobile app
Browser doesn’t seem to cache images stored on Backendless

Regards,
Volodymyr

Hello @Volodymyr_Ialovyi,

Thank you for your response.

I am simply looking for guidance on the recommended approach in Backendless for handling information in memory. Specifically, I would like to understand when to use heap versus cache and any best practices you can share regarding managing data in memory and optimizing performance based on data volume. For instance, I have observed that the process to load information into memory seems to be quite slow, and any insights on this would be appreciated.

I appreciate the links you provided and will review them.

Thank you for your assistance!

Regards,
Manuel